The following policies are in place to cultivate a student-teacher-parent relationship that ensures that the students have the best experience possible.
- KOKO Music does not confirm the student's lesson slot until we receive all the agreements and fees.
- Students are assigned a regular weekly time and expected to attend all planned lessons.
- All classes begin and end at the given time. If a student is late for the lesson, the lesson will only continue until the indicated end time.
- In the event of a “No Call/No Show” to your lesson, your lesson is automatically forfeited and no make-up class will be offered.
- Students are allowed 1 make-up lesson per semester if the teacher is given 24 hours notice for the cancellation. Make-up lessons must be fulfilled during the last week of the semester or at a mutually convenient time. No make-up lessons will be offered for group classes.
- In the case the teacher has to cancel, a make-up lesson or a substitute teacher will be provided.
-KOKO Music reserves the right to cancel or change classes in the case that enrollment minimums are not met, or for any other unforeseen circumstances.
- In the case of inclement weather, the studio will follow the same closings as NYC Schools and students will be expected to attend their lesson online.
- If a time slot is empty for more than 2 weeks in a row, it may be released and offered to other students.
- Tuition will be prorated if students enroll after the school semester started.
- The Studio requires 30 days advanced-notice for students taking any long breaks or for the termination of lessons for any reason.
-Students and parents may be photographed or recorded during various school activities. These photos may be used for KOKO Music for publicity purposes and will not be sold or used beyond promotional or professional development activities.
- Parents and legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during or after lesson time.
- To ensure your child’s safety, please pick him/her up promptly at the door. KOKO Music does not assume responsibility of students’ security and safety when parents choose to leave them unattended at the school. Students under the age of 10 must be supervised by parents or guardians while they are waiting for classes and/or lessons to begin.